Beech Tree Labs management brings to bear highly refined expertise in business management, scientific research and development, strategic thinking, and industry-wide collaborations. This seasoned team has demonstrated a track record of success in moving products from concept to licensing as evidenced by 16 FDA-authorized clinical trials, 4 IRB-approved trials, 2 USDA-approved trials, 30+ patents licensed to Elan Corp, plc, a nutraceutical respiratory health product licensed to Allergy Research Group, and a prescription veterinary product licensed to Eudaemonic Corp.
Current management includes:
John McMichael, Ph.D., President & CEO
Dr. McMichael developed the world’s first live-virus fish vaccines for use in fish populations, and is an Alzheimer’s disease pioneer, having licensed 30+ patents to Elan Corp. plc, to support their Alzheimer’s initiative. He now holds more than 100 patents with twice that pending worldwide. His experience also includes:
- Post-doctoral research associate, The Wistar Institute;
- Professor of Biology and Health Sciences, Edinboro University in Pennsylvania;
- General Manager for ImmunoTherapeutics, where he licensed a veterinary anti-inflammatory product to Eudomonics, Inc., which launched and continues to sell the product;
- Vice President of Molecular Rx, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company focused on products for managing inflammatory responses;
- Founder and President of Milkhaus Laboratory, Inc., a company now focused on botanical agents for nutraceutical use;
- Founder and President of The Institute for Therapeutic Discovery, a not-for-profit organization focusing on the interplay between biochemistry and biophysics in the course and management of health and disease.
Thomas Hatch, MBA, Director of Business Development
Mr. Hatch received his MBA from Darden Business School at the University of Virginia. He has served in positions of increasing responsibility during his career:
- American Cyanamid Company, where Mr. Hatch served in various sales and marketing capacities in both the crop chemical and the animal health divisions of the company.
- Neogen Corporation, where he first served as General Manager of Operations and then as Director of Business Development. His duties included management of regulatory affairs with the FDA, USDA and State Boards of Pharmacy.
- ImmuCell Corporation, a Nasdaq-listed company where he served at President and CEO for seven years. ImmuCell achieved steady revenue growth during his tenure, during which 25 percent of revenue was spent on new product development. He initially joined ImmuCell as the Manager of Commercial Development, in which position he was able to implement stronger business systems and strategies to improve business performance.